Friday 9 January 2015

The Nerd Files #4 | Nerd Faves 2014

Just like the beauty products that I love and talk about, I have some nerd things that I have been loving during 2014 and wanted to share. I won't ramble too much about everything because I know it's not everyone's cup of tea but here are my faves!

I have definitely over indulged in over 20 million gazillion television shows this year so it was difficult to pick a few favourites. I narrowed said 20 million gazillion shows into my top 3 faves.

First up is Arrow, you guys know I have discovered this show at the beginning of the year and have LOVED IT. It's action packed and just sooooo intense {in a good way}. I think I love it even more as I met a couple of cast members which makes my heart burst when I watch the new episodes!

Once Upon A Time is another show that is pure perfection. If you love fairy tales and all that jazz, this is the perfect show for you. It shows the twisted side which makes it 2342345678 times more interesting and when you meet Hook *emoji with heart eyes*

O.m.g brace yourselves. The third show that I have loved this year is Parks and Recreation. This show is SO underrated AND I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY?? It's hilarious but I must admit that it did take me a couple of episodes to get into it, give it a chance! You won't regret it! PLUS the characters are just brilliant {"BERT MAKLIN. FBI." *puts sunglasses on*, *explosions* okay not the last bit}.



I have read a couple of books and graphic novels this year however one reigned supreme over all of them which was Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. If you like John Green's books, you will loveeee Rowell's novels too!! I mean, perfect title for self proclaimed fangirl such as myself! It is an incredibly easy read about twins that move to college however one grows up while the other is stuck in this "fangirl" way of life. As you read the book, you see the adventures that the "fangirl" goes on and it was pretty funny too! I would recommend to anyone who has a "young heart" and likes the really good books, boom.

On with the theme of books, this thing would have to be the most random thing I could ever talk about. For my birthday in 2014, my best friend made me this laminated Benedict Cumberbatch Bookmark which is out of this world hilarious and creative. I use it every time I read a new book and I love it.

And of course I had to chuck in a beauty favourite, BUT IT'S THE SHADE not the fact that it is a nail polish {does that count?!}. I have mentioned a million times on this blog before, Essie "Butler Please" is a royal blue shade that instantly reminds me of the TARDIS {the blue box from Doctor Who, for the non nerdy people}. UGH I LOVE THIS SHADE! Every time I wear it, I always get compliments too so winner winner chicken dinner, amirite?!

What has been your favourite nerdy thing OR TV SHOW this year?!!? I would really love to know!!
xx

BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | TUMBLR
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© LEMONMEL | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig