Monday 10 March 2014

MAC Eyeshadow: Gleam



Over the last couple of months I have been hoarding this MAC eyeshadow in my drawer and I could tell it was getting a little lonely so I pulled it out a couple of weeks ago and have been using it every so often. MAC describes "Gleam" as a barely pinked gold which I would call somewhat accurate. In the pan "Gleam" looks quite pink with golden specks of glitter and on the eyes I found it too look quite champagney. 

I'm still iffy about the formula, "Gleam" is a Lustre with chunky glitters. The pigmentation of this eyeshadow is pretty weak for a MAC eyeshadow but that could just roll down to the formula - it has a rather dry texture and I find it quite difficult to apply and blend. I definitely have to build up the colour with various layers and I'm sad to say that there is some fall out with this shadow because of the glitter.

Nonetheless, it's still a gorgeous colour and my favourite way to wear this eyeshadow is with "Sable" on the outer half of the lid with some black liner {red lips optional}


Overall the colour of this shadow is absolutely amazing, though I wish it wasn't full of chunky glitters. I'm not a major MAC junkie {just yet ;)} and I'm still trying to get used to which shadows look best and work well with me and unfortunately "Gleam" wasn't my cup of tea but I'll still use it while I have it.

Whats your favourite eyeshadow finish from MAC?
xx

BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | TUMBLR
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. This is super pretty! I love woodwinked from MAC xx

    jasminecara.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOKS MORE LIKE A BLUSH. Chunky glitter in any formula is hard to work with, imo. And yeah, I wasn't expecting it to be so champagney on the eyes! It's like a totally different colour! Have you perhaps tried applying it wet to combat the dry texture, maybe?

    ReplyDelete

© LEMONMEL | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig