Wednesday 30 April 2014

Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms

I already have told the story of how badly I wanted the Revlon Colorburst Matte and Lacquer balms in my life. I have done a full review of the Lacquer balms if you're interested in those ones but this post is going to be my thoughts on the Matte Balms. 

 From left to right: 
Elusive - Soft pink
Unapologetic - Watermelon pink
Striking - Cherry red 

The Revlon Colorburst Matte Balms are surprisingly creamy and easy to apply. They glide on lightly so you can build the colour up but don't feel heavy or uncomfortable to wear. I literally can't get over how creamy they are for a Matte lip product as they feel like velvet almost giving off a satin finish. The colour payoff is pretty strong with one swipe being crazy pigmented.

They contain the same moisture complex of Shea, Mango and Coconut which doesn't make your lips feel tight after an hour. If you're like me and have dry lips 99% of the time, I would suggest lip balm either before or after applying the Matte Balm as it provides that little extra moisture. I must mention that sometimes they cling to dry bits when they wear off, however if you can maintain and reapply it before it wears off, you're A-OK. They also fade evenly, thank sweet potato pie!

I love all the colours I bought because I think bright lipsticks suit me better than most neutral/nudes. My favourite is "Elusive" as it's a simple neutral pink shade that is so easy to wear during the day. If my lips are feeling a bit tight, I also add "Sweetie" by MAC on top {of Elusive} to give a bit of extra moisture and sheen.

What is your favourite Revlon Matte Balm shade?
xx

BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | TUMBLR
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. These look great on you. All of them! Sadly I don't own one yet! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soft pink and watermelon pink are my favorites on you! I've been loving seeing these on other ladies but I can't wear drying formulas so i probably will check out the lacquer formula!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have standout and elusive and I love them but I've had chapped lips lately so I haven't been able to wear them :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elusive looks so pretty and muted on you! I love the feeling of these when swatched, but I'm resisting because I spend too much money haha

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love Unapologetic. I love these vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I will have to add unapologetic to my collection it's a stunning shade :)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY YOU'RE SO PRETTY ;-;
    Elusive has been on my list to try for a while now, but everytime I'm at the store during a sale of these things, that shade is always sold out. GUESS WE'RE NOT MEANT TO BE....BECAUSE OF MY CHEAP ASS ;-;
    Elusive and Unapologetic are gorgeous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are my favourite lip product at the moment, gotta love the pigmentation :)
    All 3 of these look lovely on you! My current favourite is Sultry

    Style Sunrise

    :) x

    ReplyDelete

© LEMONMEL | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig