Monday 23 June 2014

The Nerd Files #3 | Supanova Weekend 2014 + Haul

For those who are new to my blog, I have a little series running called The Nerd Files which basically documents any nerdy things that have been occurring in my life! Anyways, the weekend that just was had an event called Supanova which is like a pop culture convention where they have guests from various shows visit + cosplays, stalls and other cool things going on.

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I was for Supanova!! Ever since I found out that 3 guests from Arrow were visiting, I couldn't keep my feels in! {lucky one of my friends was excited too bc I would have burst from fangirling too hard} So, I started to work hard, save my money and try not to buy makeup so I could just splurge on the ticket, all the artwork and different stalls.

ON TO THE HAUUUULLLL!! 


I was mainly interested in the art work because people are freaking talented. HOW DO PPL ART!? So I saw this lady that created a whole bunch of comics and her work was so unique and cute that I really had to buy some to support her! Her name was Nic Lawson and the comics that I bought are Rosa goes for a walk, Super Drac and Frankie Holliday. I have read them all and I'm so glad that I bought them because they are so good! Rosa goes for a walk was a beautiful comic - story wise and the imagery was amazing. Super Drac was a short, funny little comic and Frankie Holliday is a super hero based comic series {there is only one out at the moment} and all the illustrations were really cute, the storyline was so cool and I can't wait for the other ones to be released. From the same artist, I bought this Ursula from The Little Mermaid inspired art work which is freaking cute I JUST LOVE IT!


From another artist, I bought this poster that is a mashup of different video game characters which I thought was pretty cool! And then from another artist, I picked up these recycled book art things? I don't know what they are called but they draw digitally onto pages from books. LOVE THEM! I picked up 4 because they had a special deal going on and I picked 2 anime ones; Kiki's Delivery Service and My Neighbor Totoro. The other two are of the 10th and 11th Doctors from Doctor Who which are pretty freaking sweet if you ask me.


Aside from art work, I did decided to splurge a little on graphic novels/comic books that continues my collections. I bought the third and fourth Scott Pilgrim Vs The World books, The Emerald City of Oz book by L. Frank Baum, Daredevil by Mark Waid and Where's the Doctor {a take on where's wally/waldo} I can't wait to read all these bad boys!!



As for random doodahs, the only things I did purchase were some POP Vinyl figurines from the Muppets Most Wanted Collection. I bought Kermit and Miss Piggy bc why not?! I took like ten years trying to find Fozzie Bear {he is my fave} only to realise he wasn't apart of the collection *falls on knees and cries to the POP Vinyl gods*


I mentioned in my last Nerd Files post about the store that was selling Achievement Hunters Merch. WELL, They were at Supanova this year so I had to pick some things up. I bought this awesome GTA Poster with the characters being the people from Achievement Hunters and I also bought the shirt that I have been wanting {aside from the xray and vav one}. It's Gavin!!



THE WEEKEND!!

I'm not going to lie. This Supanova was the most fun I've ever had at a nerd convention. I don't know if it's because there was more people that I wanted to see or just the atmosphere but sweet potato pie, I had so much fun. I spent two days walking around in circles, waiting in lines with a fraction of my time actually meeting people. BUT LET ME TELL YOU, it was SO worth it. I've never been so happy with all the photos that I got {MAKEUP POST SOON! ;D} so I thought I would share them here bc it's my blog and I do what I want! 

On Saturday, I waited in line to meet Michael and Lindsay Jones from Achievement Hunters. I watch these guys religiously {more Michael} on youtube and holy crap they are so down to earth and friendly and I have been waiting to meet them since they got announced!


John Barrowman. JOHN BARROWMAN. The man that most people and I were SO excited about meeting. The lines were massive but he was such a sweetheart and stayed back to get through meeting everyone. I will also add, WHAT A FREAKING BABIN' BABE! He made my knees shake and my heart shatter into a million pieces when I hugged him. omg #saveme


On Sunday, I met two of the cast members from Arrow. Katie Cassidy and Manu Bennett. I won't bore you will all the details of the photo session and the signing but Manu was so suave and good looking, I just froze up like princess anna. Katie was so pretty and friendly and I'm so glad that I met them both.




NOW THE BEST PHOTO IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD.
I had the Citizens of Starling City Pass which means I got to have a photo of all three of the cast of Arrow together and holy moly, I'm so glad I did because it meant priority queuing {a.k.a. skipping the lines - what dreams are made of}, and a group photo. I had this photo taken on Saturday and I think it's the best photo from the whole weekend.


Overall, my experience at Supanova this year was pretty freaking fantastic if you ask me. I wish the weekend was longer but it was still fun and I managed to do everything that I wanted to do. I seriously won't be able to stop talking about this weekend for a very long time {sorry friends and fam, you got the raw end of the deal}.

Tell me your thoughts on nerd things! Your favourite show, book, movie etc.
xx

BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | TUMBLR
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© LEMONMEL | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig