Friday 28 February 2014

Urban Decay Naked Basics



Left to Right: Venus, Foxy, Walk of Shame, Naked 2, Faint, Crave.


After testing out the Original Urban Decay Naked Palette for a good while, I thought it was time to try another Urban Decay Product that I bought not long ago. Rather than going straight to the Naked 2 Palette, I jumped right on the Naked Basics Palette because I thought the original Naked Palette was lacking in some matte shades and I wanted to try something a little bit different.

The Naked Basics Palette contains six shades in total with five mattes, and one satin-type shade. The satin shade is there to be used as highlight on the brow bone as well as in the inner corner of the eye. Personally, I think that there are way too many lighter shades in this palette and I would have preferred one more medium to dark shade.

All the shadows have good pigmentation even though in they don't come up that great in the picture above {sorry, crappy lighting}. I was very surprised at how creamy, soft and easy they were to blend for a matte eye shadow because normally the eyeshadows I use seem quite chalky and hard to blend. I always use an eyeshadow primer underneath the shadows and have never experienced any fall out or creasing.

I am also impressed with how versatile this palette is. It's perfect to take travelling because it's small, lightweight and you have the basic shades needed for any look- whats not to love? All the colours work together so well so you can create a simple, natural day look and instantly turn it into a dark night time look.

Overall, it's a perfect palette for those who are not into the shimmer scene or people who want to mix up their normal everyday eye makeup. I wasn't disappointed with the quality of the eyeshadows and I'm sure this palette will be a favourite of mine for a while.

What are your thoughts on the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette?
xx

BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | TUMBLR
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I love this palette! Would you like to follow each other on GFC, Facebook or bloglovin to stay in touch? Let me know, thanks!

    xx,
    www.mellowyellowblog.com

    ReplyDelete

© LEMONMEL | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig