Saturday 20 December 2014

Bits and Bobs from the Drugstore

I do love a good ol' drugstore haul! I have been trying to save my money since the massive splurge-a-thon that happened at MAC a couple of posts ago. Every so often, I keep an eye out for sales when it comes to drugstore makeup because why pay full price?!



Revlon Quick Dry Base Coat
I'll run through what I would consider a boring purchase. But an essential one. I already own one of these and to be honest, it's not the greatest base coat in the world but it does the job at a pretty affordable price {+ with SALES!! How could I not?!}. I am open to new base coat suggestions!

L'oreal Color Riche Moisture Matte Lipstick
Let me explain that I have a love/hate relationship with L'oreal's lipstick packaging. They never have the range that the lipstick is from, only the shade but they always hit the nail on the head with their aesthetics! DANG this lipsticks looks and feels so fancy! The shade that I chose was "Cherry Crush" which is a lovely bright pink shade. The lipstick applies so smooth and I surprisingly didn't get miranda sing'd on the first go, which usually happens let's be honest. It is a little drying and can cling to some dry patches but it's all about how you apply it baby. I always prep my lips before tackling the big guns {matte lipsticks}.

Australis High Lights Mineral Face Highlighter in "Pearl"
I'm not a gal that is all about dat strong contour and highlight business. BUUUUT, I have always wanted to try the Benefit High Beam because it is SO beautiful! I have been lusting over that pearly pink highlighter for a long time but I didn't want to fork out da big $$. Anyways, I was searching Priceline for something similar and BAM, this one caught my eye! It comes in a bottle with a pump which is like 10x better than a little brush {all about that hygiene tho}. This highlighter incredibly creamy, easy to apply and looks so natural for a subtle everyday highlight. I like to pair it with a matte blush and yes. y e s. very good.


Revlon Colourstay Moisture Stain in "LA Exclusive"
I tried to hold off of these for the longest time but again, sales got the best of me. I wasn't really feelin' the shade selection to be honest. I mean they had some nice shades don't get me wrong but I felt like something was missing! {more pinks please!} I picked up the shade"LA Exclusive" which again is another pink shade, can you feel a theme running through this post?! When swatched on my hand this lip products looks pigmented in colour but is still sheer. On my lips this shade is SOOOOO sheer. Like I applied two layers and was like "WHERE R U?!". I have found a winning combo though, so if you would like to see a post about that, I would be more more than happy to blog about it!

L'oreal Brow Artist Plumper in "Dark Brunette"
With drugstore brow products on the rise like zombies, I decided to give the L'oreal Brow Artist Plumper a go which is basically a volumising tinted brow gel. I was soooo relieved that the tinted gel actually matches the colour of my eyebrows which rarely happens with drugstore brow products.  The wand bit of the product is way bigger than my eyebrows, which is kind of scary at first but it works well to give the effect of fuller brows. It looks all goopy on the wand which is a little of a worry, but fear not, it dries matte on the brows and lasts all day {In my experience anyways}.

I LOVE HAULS! Have you tried any of the things that I purchased? I would love to know your thoughts on them too! :D
xx

BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | TUMBLR
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© LEMONMEL | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig