Sunday 9 November 2014

New Base? Oh, My!

I never switch up my foundation routine in the almost 2 years that I have discovered my trusty clinique saviours. My skin has gotten WAY better since then so I decided to treat myself to a whole new foundation routine! The buzz about the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation started which sparked my interest! A foundation that has a natural, glowy finish while having some sort of coverage even though the name is totally misleading?

I'm intrigued.


I'm kind of fussy when it comes to foundations. I like it to be medium coverage but also being buildable. Nars Sheer Glow is definitely medium buildable maybe even more on the sheerer side maybe? Depends how you apply it I guess! But anyone who tells you that this foundation is full coverage is kidding themselves {or has amazing skin so it feels heavier on them}. The lady who I spoke to in store recommened that this foundation works best with your fingers. Now I have tried with every beauty tool I possibly own and applying it with your fingers is really the best way to get it on your face without streaks and thining the foundation out.

Those who have previously read my blog, you may know that I suffer from general redness and hyperpigmentation scars that are slowly fading due to a new skincare routine. My skin has gotten way better and I decided to whip the Sheer Glow out for a test run and it does a great job at providing an even base without any redness. However, my scars still peek through so I decided to also buy the Nars Radient Creamy Concealer which works like a dream with the Sheer Glow. This concealer also does a pretty good job at covering the panda eyes without creasing which is just heaven in a tube!{side note. another concealer that works just as well is the Maybelline Fit Me Concealer!! amazing stuff!!}.

I have been using this founation every day for the last 4 weeks and I am in love! I have normal to borderline dry skin {at the mo} and it doesn't stick to any dry patches that I am aware of and it lasts a while without fading. To do a minimal face for the day, I go in with some powder, one wash eyeshadow, some mascara and lipbalm and boom. done.

I would love to know your favourite foundation for your lazy face!! And if you have NARS Sheer Glow, how do you apply it to get a "I woke up like dis" face?
xx

BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | TUMBLR
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© LEMONMEL | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig