Wednesday 22 July 2015

Drama-Bomb

I really hope you read the title is Lumpy Space Princess' voice because as soon as Maybelline released their Color Drama Velvet Lip Pencils, that was my first initial reaction. I went out and bought 3 of the possible 10 shades available in Australian Pharmacies and I've gotta say that their is some choice but I wish there were a few more variations of pinks like a nice mauve pink would be spot on.


First of all the packaging is quite NARS-esque being a lip pencil that's slim-ish and displays the shade on the base of the pencil for easy access to the shade you want. The color drama lip pencils do require to be sharpened which may be an issue for some due to loss of product but I personally don't find it annoying because how often do you ever get through a whole lip pencil so quickly?

I personally love slim line lip products as it makes application more easier for people who have small lips or have defined lips {le me, I have points on my upper lips which makes lipstick a task and a half}. But I found it a breeze to apply all shades, even the darkest one to my lips with little to no mess.


All the shades are insanely pigmented, creamy and feel so comfortable on the lips. The longevity differs from shade with the darker shades obviously lasting longer and the sheerest one fading quicker on the lips. I just can't get over the fact that they go on so easily {probs due to the pencil form eh?} and smoothly with a punch of colour. With the shades I had chosen, none of them fell into the cracks of my lips or accentuated any dry patches.

L-R: Pink So Chic, Love My Pink & Minimalist.

110 PINK SO CHIC
The name is totally misleading as its a deep boysenberry, a mixture of a plum and purple. I would definitely have to say that it is so similar to MAC's Rebel but more red tones. This is my favourite shade out of the ones that I bought. It suits my dark features and lasts a decent amount of time without eating. With eating is another story, it will fade in the centre of the lips and my chin copped most of what was on my bottom lip when I took a bite. That's the only gripe I have with this shade, but other than that, I LOVE!

130 LOVE MY PINK
This shade is a cool mid toned pink which I'm still trying to get used to. Personally, this shade is my least favourite out of the ones that I have bought. I'm not a fan of the colour on my skin tone, it looks really barbie pink on my lips and that's something that I typically don't go for. From swatches I had seen online and in store, this shade looked completely different on my lips. This shade is something that my mum would wear, so it has a new home now.

140 MINIMALIST
A light pink that has golden glitters running through it making it very different to all the other shades available.  It looks healthy on the lips due to the intense sheen, I know that's an odd way to describe it but it's true. It's not a nude but rather a neutral that goes with any skin tone or eye look. For me it's almost like a my lips but newer and shinier. Obviously due to to this shade being so light, it isn't long lasting but it's light enough to apply without a mirror.

Overall, I really enjoy this collection that Maybelline brought out! I would have loved more pink shades, however there really is a nice selection to choose from anyways.

Have you tried these lip pencils before? I'd love to know what you think.
xx

BLOGLOVIN' | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | TUMBLR
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. The formula of these actually sounds amazing!! I think Pink So Chic is my fave out of the ones you picked up as well. Really tempted to try these myself!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

© LEMONMEL | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig